Monday, April 18, 2011

Levels of Light

I have recently discovered the joy in lyrics. I've always listened to music purely for the sound, but while looking for an AWESOME name for mah new BLOG, I thought it would be cool to use a lyric. I went straight for Sleeping at Last, mostly because their music is so chill and pretty and I realized THEY HAVE THE BEST LYRICS EVER. 

Omg. Please listen to Levels of Light by Sleeping at Last. 
What's really cool about them is that they are a Christian band that aren't super obvious about it. I dig it. 

We are volcanoes, making new land,
Transcending borders with seeds in our hands.
Natural killers perfectly planned,
But all is entirely out of our hands.
It’s out of our mouths and into the ground.

We are surrounded by color and life
And we don’t even know it.

Death is the only thing that makes us alive,
Forcing focus on light that we hold inside.

Wake up, wake up.
I think the worst is through…
The light that we hold must be buried -
Buried to bloom.

It's beautiful! We need to spread God's word! We need to transcend borders and plant seeds of wisdom! I can't describe how amazed and crazy happy I am! It's like... We have the most amazing news that we need to spread. We have the freaking key to Heaven! I notice that I go through spurts forgetting this. Sometimes I spend so much time and energy focusing on my relationships with others and I forget to please and honor my God. Always go back to Psalm 46:10. "Be still and know that I am God." --Yes, sir!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment